Doing our research!
We are pleased to be is working with Americans for the Arts to measure the economic impact of the theatre on the city of Chelsea and Washtenaw County.
The research study, which is being conducted by Americans for the Arts, the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts, will evaluate the impact of spending by The Purple Rose Theatre Company and its audiences on the local economy.
As a study partner, The Purple Rose Theatre Company will facilitate the gathering of detailed economic and event attendance data from visitors and attendees.
Customized findings will demonstrate the impact of spending by the Purple Rose and its audiences on the economy of Washtenaw County and the city of Chelsea. Specifically, the study’s results will include:
• The total dollars spent by The Purple Rose Theatre Company.
• The total dollars spent by audiences as a direct result of their attendance at The Purple Rose Theatre.
• The number of full-time equivalent jobs supported by these expenditures.
• The amount of resident, household income—including salaries and wages—generated by these expenditures.
• The amount of local and state government tax revenues generated by these expenditures.
Learn more about Americans for the Arts!